Spreading a little local love on this Monday afternoon. I am constantly inspired by small businesses especially when they are located in my own backyard. And the good news is, they all have online stores and ship throughout the country so you don't need to live in the D.C. area to shop these awesome brands.
1. Sydney Hale Co. - The best smelling candles and 10% of their profit goes to an animal rescue charity. An amazing business model that I would love to replicate.
2. Matine - Carolyn Misterek makes the most beautiful leather goods.
3. Waxing Kara - Quite possibly the prettiest branding and packaging making any of the beeswax products perfect gifts.
4. Skincando - Another amazing business model supporting our troops with Operation Sand Flea, sending combat ready care packages to the warzone.
5. Cervantes Coffee - An artisan coffee roaster specializing in single origin beans and operating on a 'roast to order' basis.
6. Open Eyes Press - These Vintage-inspired textiles and prints are the perfect decor for any kitchen.